Kitchen accesories help make your kitchen stand out in more ways than one. A kitchen themed around country style with appropriate accessories will help identify it as simple, country kitchen. If your accompanying don’t match there will be a clash of styles and everything will look off. People will be confused as to the theme and style of kitchen and if you mix different styles of accessories. So, pick a theme and stick with it.
Don�t Forget the Accessories in Your Kitchen DesignTo some people, choosing the accessories for their kitchen is the most exciting part of the whole design; to others (and especially those whose kitchen is part of a whole new house) it�s just decision overload and is the source of great stress.
In order to help you make the decisions, it�s a good idea to copy the professional interior designers and make yourself a mood board. If you�ve been following my Kitchen Design Tips, then it shouldn�t be too difficult to make a start. Use your Ideas File, to source a few pictures that are most like your final choice of kitchen. Then add actual samples of worktops, handles, blind fabric and the like. When I was showroom based, I often used to set up a �mood corner� for my clients, which included a door sample and tile boards. If you�ve got a spare corner, you could do the same.
Choosing the worktop is often the most difficult decision. It could be argued that the worktops aren�t really accessories � but the colour of your worktops plays a huge part in the overall look of the kitchen. Go back to your Ideas File again, and see what sorts of workop you were initially attracted to. Have your ideas changed? Don�t choose plain black worktops, just because they feature in a lot of pictures. If you must have black, choose something mottled � unless you really want to spend a lot of your life dusting and polishing your stunning black worktops, to keep them looking that good. Same applies to pure white � avoid it. Choose your final worktop in conjunction with the flooring. the two need to complement each other, even though they are not immediately adjacent.
If you’re brave enough, go for an unusual colour of worktop … but even if you want to play fairly safe, avoid pure black and pure white
The kitchen design is a complex art that needs to keep in mind different aspects that are detailed below.
Kitchen Furniture and Accessories * Once you have decided on the color of your walls, placing of your refrigerator, counters and cabinets, categorize all your accessories by color, size or style and then choose them according the scale and visual balance.
* Install the largest accessories first, keeping the aesthetic balance, right eye level, distance to the cooking area, and then move on to the smaller ones.
* Wall clock is a must in the kitchen, whether you are a student, working person or a housewife, so that you can get done with cooking on time. It also helps to monitor your cooking better.
* Designer range hoods do not only look trendy, but are also quite functional, when it comes to get rid of smoke and vapors.
* Kitchen carts & worktables come in quite handy for a variety of things and can be moved or folded and slipped under the counter after use.
* Pot racks and baker’s racks are for those with advanced culinary skills.
* Covered trashcans are a must in the kitchen to discard all those soda bottles and boxes.
* Cabinet accessories, designer sinks, faucets, knobs and pulls lend a sophisticated look to the kitchen.
* Stools and chairs that can be stacked on top of the other can be used and then stacked in the corner in a small kitchen.
* Chopping blocks and countertops are a must, but you may also opt for wine racks.
* Decorate your appliances too with beautiful decorative panels.
* Stainless steel wall shelves and backsplash accessories are the latest trend in kitchen Decor.
What accessories to buy for the kitchen? People often wonder what will suit their kitchen. Here are some pointers on choosing the right type of kitchen accessories for your trendy kitchen.
Tip: Make a List by FunctionThere are lots of gadgets and gizmos that claim to make short work of food preparation. Before you load up your kitchen drawers with useless tools, the staff at Dynamic Living offers these questions designed to help you look for the right tools:
* What foods do you like to eat?
* What are the tasks that you perform most frequently?
* Which tools do you always reach for?
* What functions do you wish you had a tool for?
Tip: Make a List by Need
Once you have narrowed down the range of kitchen helpers you need and will use, think about your personal needs:
* Do you need bigger handles to hold things more easily?
* Bigger numbers or contrasting colors to help you see more clearly?
* Bigger buttons?
* Something to help you hold small things?
* Maybe a tool to help you cut down on wrist motion?
Kitchen accessories are the important part of the kitchen decor. Beautiful accessories accentuate the overall decor the kitchen. Pick pieces that complement each other or make a striking contrast. You can choose a few quirky pieces too and make your guests gasp at a unusual napkin holder or piece of art on door of a kitchen cabinet. Make your kitchen stand-out from the usual run-of-the-mill ones with great accessories.